Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It must be summer!


It's warm outside. We are all wearing sun dresses. The kids are constantly playing outside. There is a surplus of good moods (even from parents of kids in school!). Everyone is excited about a few upcoming vacations... It must be the start of summer!

Everywhere I look everyone is out and about and in a good mood. Kids are excited, parents are excited, heck even grand parents are excited! Perhaps it's just because it's the beginning of summer, but I think I'll be this happy at the end too. Next year Cecelia will be starting first grade and Caroline will start preschool...but I digress.

I think the real truth is that my kids are FINALLY at an age where I can enjoy them during the summer. They have fun at the park, look forward to staying in hotels, can swim on their own at the pool -- it's almost as if I'm getting back to my normal self after "babying" everyone for the past six years (seven if you count being pregnant w/Cecelia). I'm actually so excited about summer. Bring on 4th of July, the family reunion and a couple cool vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment