Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What we've been up to!

It's been a while I know...but we've been busy!

Starting back in October...

We visited a few pumpkin patches -- the few pictured below was with my parents on a mild fall day. The kids had fun doing all the activities like the corn maze, hay ride, a cute boat/water activity, cow train ride, etc.






I co-chaired the All Saints Party at church for the kids -- a lot of hard work, but it seemed to go well! Check out all the pumpkins in my car from Cox Farm for "pumpkin deocrating."



We hit Port Discovery in Baltimore -- and discovered a really good pizza place...Joe Squared (if you are very there give it a try!)



A huge amount of family came in for Thanksgiving...and we got to meet our new niece, Ruby!



We did quite a few Christmas activities including the US Botanical Gardens to see their train display, the National Christmas Tree (which had trains, of course), and Union Station to see their train display. Did I mention that Colin LOVES trains?



We had lunch with Santa at Lansdowne Resort -- really good food if I do say so myself!



A few days before Christmas we had a "winter vacation" and ventured to Lancaster, PA and had a blast! We did things like hit up Hershey Park for their Christmas Candylane, went on an Amish buggy ride, had dinner with Mrs. Claus -- did you know there is a very nice spa in Amish Country? Cecelia and I had our nails done :) The highlight was meeting a young Amish family (just around our age) and conversing with them one evening.





We then headed a little more north on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with my 95 year old grandmother (as well as my parents and maybe 30 or so other extended family). Santa even visited our annual Wigilia (Polish Catholic meatless meal).

It's been a great two months -- and I promise to update more regularly from now on :)

Merry Christmas to all!

By the way --- my favorite show is on tonight -- Kennedy Center Honors! Wooohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment