Thursday, August 2, 2012

This summer has been a busy one. Let's see...we went to Hershey Park for a long weekend, Cecelia did swim team (last minute decision), I rean VBS at church, both girls did a fashion camp, and Jeff traveled quite a bit for work... More on all that later. For now I'm going to write about our first actual vacation...it was awesome! We ventured to the Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. Just under 4 hrs from our house (I sound like a travel guide), we quickly left the hustle and bustle (and humidity) of suberbia and arrived in the quiet mountains of southern Virginia with all that cool, fresh mountain air. The view from the pool was wonderful!
The kids had fun at the "kiddie pool" !! You can see the three of them in the sand in the way back...
They all had a horseback ride (a "must" for Cecelia)!
Cecelia and I had a "girls" morning which included a spa treatment (Fancy Feet and First Manicure for Cecelia and a Pear Blossom Pedicure for me!) and lunch on the porch in the rocking chairs! Caroline, Cecelia and I took tennis lessons. Caroine had a mini private lesson, Cecelia did tennis camp, and I took a few private lessons (finally got my serve back -- I really haven't played that much since high school!) We had wonderful meals in the Main Dining room (men had to wear jackets) with their three piece jazz band. Check out Colin and mommy dancing the night away! (Need to post picture)
Oh -- did I mention they had a babysitting service? Because of this Jeff and I had a wonderful dinner out by ourselves and took a golf lesson! Watch out all you pro-golfers! Just kidding! That sport is way harder than it looks! My final though on the Homestead? When will we be going back??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment