Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Nature's candy in my hand"


Recognize the quote? It's from the song "Peaches" -- ever so popular during my younger years. Fast forward fifteen years, and in my mind, peaches is no longer the name of a hip alternative song, but an activity to do with my little kids.

Today we ventured out (more like I talked Jeff into venturing out) to pick peaches. It was a little toasty outside, but with the breeze on the moutainside it wasn't too bad! The kids had fun finding peaches to pick -- and telling Jeff which ones to get from the top of the tree. To tell you the truth, we found some "good" ones on the ground!

We then stopped and shopped in Middleburg -- and had ice cream of course! It was fun exploring some of the shops with the kids. They especially liked the toy section of this one store and that kept them occupied in an air conditioned enviornment for at least 20 mintues!

It was then time to head home. Stopping at our favorite local pizza place for some gluten free pizza for Jeff and regular pizza for the rest of us sealed the deal on this warm summer day. Or is it the peach cobbler that's in my oven right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment